- Ph.D., University of Chicago, 2011
- M.A., American University, 2007
- B.F.A., University of Windsor, 2004
- Cultural Planning and Urban Development
- Statistical Analysis for Effective Decision-Making
- Financial Management for Nonprofit Organizations
Dr. Joanna Woronkowicz conducts research in nonprofit management and cultural policy. She joined SPEA in 2013, and prior to that served as the senior research officer at the National Endowment for the Arts.
She has published in journals, including Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, International Journal of Cultural Policy, Nonprofit Management & Leadership, Journal of Planning Education and Research, Cultural Trends, and more. Her 2014 co-authored book, Building Better Arts Facilities: Lessons from a U.S. National Study (Routledge) documents the experiences of several nonprofit arts organizations upon making major capital investments.
Woronkowicz is co-director of the Arts, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation Lab at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis.