- Ph.D., State University of New York at Albany, 1993
- M.P.A., State University of New York at Albany, 1987
- B.A., (Highest Distinction No. 1 class ranking), San Jose State University, 1984
- A.A., Hartnell College, 1982
- The Financial Crisis
- Seminar in Public Capital & Debt Theory
- Topics in Financial Management & Policy
Dr. Craig Johnson is an expert in capital markets and financial intermediation, financial management, public budgeting and finance, financing e-government, financing economic development, and environmental and infrastructure finance. He chaired the advisory committee of a project that resulted in the report "Fiscal Benchmarking for Indiana's Local Governments."