Faculty: Todd Royer
Reports and Publications:
- “Human-dominated rivers and river management in the Anthropocene,” Stream Ecosystems in a Changing Environment (ed. J. Jones and E. Stanley), Academic Press, (July 21, 2016)
- "Agricultural land use alters the seasonality and magnitude of stream metabolism," (with J.J. Beaulieu, N.A. Griffiths, L.T. Johnson, S.S. Roley, E.J. Rosi-Marshall, J.L. Tank, and M.R. Whiles), Limnology and Oceanography, 58(4): 1513-1529 (2013)
- "Dissolved organic carbon manipulation reveals coupled cycling of carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus in a nitrogen-rich stream," (with L.T. Johnson and D. Oviedo-Vargas), Limnology and Oceanography, 58(4): 1196-1206 (2013)
- "Pharmaceuticals suppress algal growth and microbial respiration and alter bacterial communities in stream biofilms," (with H. Bechtold, J.J. Kelly, D. Kincaid, M. Rojas, and E.J. Rosi-Marshall), Ecological Applications, 23: 583-593 (2013)
- "Manipulation of the dissolved organic carbon pool in an agricultural stream: responses in microbial community structure, denitrification, and assimilatory nitrogen uptake," (with J.M. Edgerton, L.T. Johnson, and L.G. Leff), Ecosystems, 15: 1027-1038 (2012)
- "Pharmaceutical compounds and ecosystem function: an emerging research challenge for aquatic ecologists," (with E. J. Rosi-Marshall), Ecosystems, 15: 867-880 (2012)
- "Effect of road salt application on seasonal chloride concentrations and toxicity in south-central Indiana streams," (with K. M. Gardner), Journal of Environmental Quality, 39: 1036–1042 (2010)
- "Timing of riverine export of nitrate and phosphorus from agricultural watersheds in Illinois: implications for reducing nutrient loading to the Mississippi River," (with M. B. David and L. E. Gentry), Environmental Science & Technology, 40: 4126–4131 (2006)
Reports and Publications:
- Gentry, L.E., M.B. David, F.E. Below, T.V. Royer, and G.F. McIsaac. Nitrogen mass balance of a tile-drained agricultural watershed in east-central Illinois. Journal of Environmental Quality 38:1841 1847. 2009.
- Griffiths, N.A., J.L. Tank, T.V. Royer, E.J. Rosi-Marshall, M.R. Whiles, C.P. Chambers, T.C. Frauendorf, M.A. Evans-White. Rapid decomposition of maize detritus in agricultural headwater streams. Ecological Applications 19:133 142. 2009.
- McDaniel, M.D., M.B. David, and T.V. Royer. Relationships between benthic sediments and water column phosphorus in Illinois streams. Journal of Environmental Quality 38:607 617. 2009.
- Das, M., T.V. Royer, and L.G. Leff. 2008. Fungal communities on decaying leaves in streams: A comparison of two leaf species. Mycological Progress 7:267 275. 2009.
- Royer, T.V., M.B. David, L.E. Gentry, C.A. Mitchell, K.M. Starks, T. Heatherly, and M.R. Whiles. Assessment of chlorophyll-a as a criterion for establishing nutrient standards in the streams and rivers of Illinois. Journal of Environmental Quality 3. 2008.