Faculty: Kenneth Richards
Reports and Publications:
- "Understanding the effectiveness of environmental offset policies," (with R. Hahn) Journal of Regulatory Economics. 44(1): 103-119 (2013)
- "REDD, PINC and other shades of green: Institutional requirements for an international forest carbon sequestration treaty in a post-Kyoto world," (with L. Baldwin), Natural Resources Journal, 52(1): 1-59 (2012)
- "Determinants of the costs of carbon capture and sequestration for expanding electricity generation capacity," (with E. Giovanni), Energy Policy 38: 6026–6035 (2010)
- "Comparative analysis of climate change bills in the U.S. Senate," (with S. Richards), Environmental Law Reporter, 39: 10601-10604 (2009)
- "U.S. Senate climate change bills in the 110th Congress: Learning by doing," (with S. Richards), Environs - Environmental Law and Policy Journal, 33(1): 1-110 (2009)
- "A review of forest carbon sequestration cost studies: A dozen years of research," (with C. Stokes), Climatic Change, 63(1-2):1-48 (2004)
- "The leaky sink: Persistent obstacles to a forest carbon sequestration program based on Individual Projects," (with K. Andersson), Climate Policy, 1(1): 41-54 (2001)
- "Framing Environmental Policy Instrument Choice," Duke Environmental Law and Policy Forum, 10: 221-285 (2000)
Reports and Publications:
- Richards, K. The Instrument Choice Game: When Do Environmental Taxes Win?, in J. Milne et al., eds. Critical Issues In International Environmental Taxation. 2003.
- Richards, K. A Review of Forest Carbon Sequestration Cost Studies: A Dozen Years of Research. Climatic Change 63:1-48. 2004.
- Andersson, Krister, Tom Evans, and Kenneth R. Richards. 2008. National Forest Inventories: Policy Needs and Assessment Capacity. Currently published in advance online at Climatic Change Web site (refereed). Forthcoming in Climatic Change. Volume 93
- Richards, Kenneth R. and Stephanie Hayes Richards. An Analysis of the Leading Climate Change Bills in the U.S. Senate,Environmental Law Reporter. Volume 38: 10388-10417. 2008.
- Plantinga, Andrew and Kenneth R. Richards. International Forest Carbon Sequestration in a Post-Kyoto Agreement. In Aldy, Joseph E. and Robert N. Stavins, eds. Post-Kyoto International Climate Policy: Implementing Architectures for Agreement. New York. 2009.
- Plantinga, Andrew and Kenneth R. Richards. International Forest Carbon Sequestration in a Post-Kyoto Agreement. Harvard Project on International Climate Agreements. Discussion Paper 08-11. Cambridge, Massachusetts. 2008.
- Ringquist, Evan J., A. James Barnes, Mark Davis, Flynn Picardal, and Kenneth Richards. Waste Tire Policy Recommendations for Indiana. Prepared for the Indiana Department of Environmental Management Office of Pollution Prevention and Technical Assistance. 2008.