Faculty: Vicky Meretsky
Reports and Publications:
- "Learning from conservation planning for the U.S. National Wildlife Refuges," (with R. L. Fischman), Conservation Biology (2014)
- "A novel approach for practitioners in training: a blended-learning seminar combining experts, students and practitioners," (with T.A. N. Wood), Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 13: 48-62 (2013)
- "A state-based national network for effective wildlife conservation," (with F.W. Davis, D. Figg, D. Goble, D.B. Griffith, S.E. Henke, L.A. Maguire, J.M. Scott, D.M. Stoms, J. Vaughn, and S.L. Yaffee) BioScience, 62: 970-976 (2012)
- "Strategies for reducing extinction risk under a changing climate (Chapter 17)," (with J.H. Hellman and J.S. McLachlan) in Saving a Million Species: Extinction Risk From Climate Change (L. Hannah, Ed.). Washington, DC: Island Press (2012)
- "Motivations influencing the adoption of conservation easements," (with C. Chancellor, J. R. Farmer, B.C. Fischer, and D. Knapp), Conservation Biology, 25:827-834 (2011)
- "Migration and conservation: frameworks, gaps, and synergies in science, law, and management," (with J. W. Atwell and J. B. Hyman), Environmental Law, 41: 447-534 (2011)
- "Forward-looking restoration under climate change: are US nurseries ready?" (with T. L. Tepe) Restoration Ecology 19(3):295-298 (2011)
Reports and Publications:
- Meretsky, V.J. (with Noel Snyder): comment in Environmental Science and Technology on “Terrestrial Scavenging of Marine Mammals: Cross-Ecosystem Contaminant Transfer and Potential Risks to Endangered California Condors (Gymnogyps californianus).” (2017)
- Meretsky, V.J., E.G. North, and L.E. Stevens. Kanab Ambersnail and Other Terrestrial Snails In South-Central Utah. Western North American Naturalist 62:307-315. 2002.
- Meretsky, V.J. Annual Report, Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge, 2001 Research. Submitted to Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge, US Fish and Wildlife Service. 2002.
- Meretsky, V.J., and N.F.R. Snyder. California Condors And Dde - A Reevaluation. Ibis 145:136-151. 2003.
- Meretsky, Vicky. Annual Report Prepared For The Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge. 2003.
- Meretsky, Vicky. Annual Reports Prepared For Zion National Park And Grand Canyon National Park. 2003.
- Meretsky, Vicky. Collecting Permit Report Prepared For The Indiana Department Of Natural Resources. 2003.
- Meretsky, Vicky, Co-author. CIPEC And Biocomplexity Reports Prepared For The National Science Foundation. 2003.
- Meretsky, Vicky. Anuran Survey Reports Prepared For The Indiana Program Of North American Amphibian Monitoring Project And The Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge. 2003.
- Meretsky, Vicky. The Role of Environmental Science in the Western University Environmental Management, in Final Report on the Linkage Project to Establish a Higher-Education Program in Public Administration at Western University, Baku, Azerbaijan. 2003.
- Parker, D.C and V. Meretsky. Measuring pattern outcomes of an agent-based model of edge-effect externalities; Agriculture, Ecosystems, and Environment 101:233-250. 2004.
- Meretsky, V.J., R.L. Fischman, J.R. Karr, D.M. Ashe, J.M. Scott, R.F. Noss, and R.L. Schroeder. New Directions in Conservation for the National Wildlife Refuge System. BioScience 55(2):131-139. 2006.
- L.E. Stevens and V.J. Meretsky. Springs ecosystem ecology and conservation. Pp. 3-10 in L.E. Stevens and V.J. Meretsky, eds. Aridland springs in North America: ecology, and conservation. University of Arizona Press, Tucson, AZ. 2008.
- Davis, FR, B Griffith, S Henke, L Maguire, V Meretsky, JM Scott, D Goble, J Vaughn, S Yaffee, and D Stoms. Initial Implementation of the State Wildlife Action Plans: Conservation Impacts, Challenges and Enabling Mechanisms. Final Report to the Nation. 2008.
- Stevens, LE and VJ Meretsky. Springs ecosystem ecology and conservation. Pp. 3-10 in LE Stevens and VJ Meretsky (eds). Aridland Springs in North America: Ecology and Conservation, University of Arizona Press, Tucson, AZ, USA. 2008.
- Meretsky, VJ. Mechanisms of change in seep/spring plant communities on the Colorado Plateau. Pp 211-229 in LE Stevens and VJ Meretsky (eds). Aridland Springs in North America: Ecology and Conservation. University of Arizona Press, Tucson, AZ, USA. 2008.