Faculty: Diane Henshel
Reports and Publications:
- "Low intensity radiofrequency radiation: a new oxidant for living cells," (with I. Yakymenko, E. Sikdorik and S. Kyrylenko), Oxidants and Antioxidants in Medical Science, 3 (1): 1-3 (2014)
- "GSM 900 MHz cellular phone radiation can either stimulate or depress early embryogenesis in Japanese quails depending on the duration of exposure," (with O. Brieieva, L. Buchynska, S. Kyrylenko, E. Sidorik, O. Tsybulin, and I. Yakymenko), International Journal of Radiation Biology, 89 (9): 756-763 (2013)
- "The Pine River statement: Human health consequences of DDT use," (with H.A. Anderson, R. Bornman, et. al.), Environmental Health Perspectives, 117 (9): 1359–1367 (2009)
- "Effects of low-level light therapy on hepatic antioxidant defense in acute and chronic diabetic rats" (with M. Ali, J. T. Eells, J. Lim, Z., R. A. Sanders, A. C. Snyder, and J. B. Watkins), Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology, 23 (1): 1-8 (2009)
- "Clinical and experimental applications of NIR-LED photobiomodulation," Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, 24 (2) (2006)
- "An investigation of the relationship between air emissions of volatile organic compounds and incidence of cancer in Indiana counties," (with M. L. Boeglin and D. Wessels), Environmental Research, 100 (2): 242-254 (2006)
- "Linear regression models of methyl mercury exposure during prenatal and early postnatal life among riverside people along the upper Madeira river, Amazon," (with A. A. Peixoto Boischio), Environmental Research, 83 (A): 50-161 (2000)
- "Contaminant concentrations and biomarker response in great blue heron eggs from 10 colonies on the upper Mississippi River, USA," (with J. W. Bickham, T. W. Custer, R. K. Hines, D. J. Hoffman, J. W. Martin, M. J. Melancon, and J. K. Wickliffe), Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 16 (2): 260-271 (1997)
Reports and Publications:
- Henshel, Diane S., J. DeWitt and A. Troutman. "Chicken Embryos for Teratology Studies." (M.D. Maines, ed.) Current Protocols in Toxicology. J. Wiley and Sons. 2002.
- Henshel, Diane S. and D.W. Sparks. "Interspecies Comparisons of the Effects of PCB's on Passerines." Report submitted to EPA and FWS. 2002.
- Henshel, Diane S. and J. DeWitt. "Proving Ground Comments on the RI/FS." Submitted to the Jefferson Proving Ground Remediation Advisory Board. 2002.
- Ovo Stanton, B., J. DeWitt, D. Henshel, S. Watkins, and B. Lasley. "Fatty Acid Metabolism in Neonatal Chickens (gallus domesticus) treated with 2,3,7,8-tetracholorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD)," Comparative Biochemistry & Physiology C 136(1):73-84. 2003.
- DeWitt, J.C., E.B. Meyer, D.S. Henshel. "Environmental Toxicity Studies Using Chickens as Surrogates for Wildlife: Effects of Vehicle Volume." Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 48:260-269. 2005.
- Yeager, R.L., J.A. Franzosa, D.S. Millsap, J.L. Angell-Yeager, S.S. Heise, P. Wakhungu, J. Lim, H.T. Whelan, J.T. Eells, and D.S. Henshel. "Effects of 670 nm Phototherapy on Development." Photomedicine and Laser Surgery 23: 268-272. 2005.
- DeWitt, J.C., E.B. Meyer, and D.S. Henshel. "Environmental Toxicity Studies Using Chickens as Surrogates for Wildlife: Effects of Injection Day." Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 48:270-277. 2005.
- Henshel, D.S., D.W. Sparks, T.P. Simon, and M.J. Tosick. "Age Structure and Growth of Creek Chub (Semotilus atromaculatus) (Mitchill) in PCB-contaminated Streams in Indiana." J. Fish Biol. 67:1-19. 2005.
- Henshel, D.S. "Control of Glutathione Synthesis in EarlyEmbryo Development." Toxicol Sci. 81(2):257-259, doi: 10.1093/toxsci/kfh227. 2004.
- Henshel, D.S., M. Aschner, N. Basu, W. Bowerman, D. Echeverria, M. Gilbertson, N. Ralston, D. Rumbold, and M. Wolfe. New Bioindicators for Mercury Toxicological Assessment: Recommendations from the First International Bioindicators Roundtable. 2007.
- Lim, J., J.C. DeWitt, R.A. Sanders, J.B. Watkins III, and D.S. Henshel. "Suppression of Endogenous Antioxidant Enzymes by 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced Oxidative Stress in Chicken Liver During Development." Archives of Environmental Cont 2007.
- Yeager, R.L., D.A. Oleske, R.A. Sanders, J.B. Watkins III, J.T. Eells, and D.S. Henshel. "Melatonin as a Principle Component of Red Light Therapy." Medical Hypotheses 69(2):372-376. 2007.
- Yeager R.L., D.F. Parkhurst, and D.S. Henshel. "Graphical Methods for Exploratory Analysis of Complex Data Sets." Bioscience 57(8):673-680. 2007.
- Henshel, D.S. and D.W. Sparks. "Site-specific PCB-linked Interspecies Differences in Organ Somatic Indices." Ecotoxicology 15:9-18. 2006.
- Henshel, D.S., D.W. Sparks, T.P. Simon, and M.J. Tosick. "Age Structure and Growth of Creek Chub (Semotilus atromaculatus) (Mitchill) in PCB-contaminated Streams in Indiana." Journal of Fish Biology 68:44-62. 2006.
- Boeglin, M.L., D. Wessels, and D.S. Henshel. "An Investigation of the Relationship Between Air Emissions of Volatile Organic Compounds and Incidence of Cancer in Indiana Counties." Environmental Research 100(2):242-254. 2006.
- DeWitt, J., D.M. Millsap, R.L.Yeager, S.S. Heise, D.W. Sparks, and D.S. Henshel. "External Heart Deformities in Passerine Birds Exposed to Environmental Mixtures of PCBs During Development." Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 25(2):541-551. 2006.
- Yeager, R.L., D.A. Oleske, D.S. Millsap, and D.S. Henshel. "Severe Craniofacial Malformations Resulting from Developmental Exposure to Dioxin." Reproductive Toxicology 22(4):811-812. 2006.
- Yeager, R.L., J.A. Franzosa, D.S. Millsap, J. Lim, S.S. Heise, P. Wakhungu, H.T. Whelan, J.T. Eells, and D.S. Henshel. "Survivorship and Mortality Implications of Developmental 670 nm Phototherapy Dioxin Co-exposure." Photomedicine and Laser Surgery. 2006.
- Yeager, R.L., J.A. Franzosa, D.S. Millsap, J.L. Angell-Yeager, S.S. Heise, P. Wakhungu, J. Lim, H.T. Whelan, J.T. Eells, and D.S. Henshel. "Embryonic Growth and Hatching Implications of Developmental 670 nm Phototherapy Dioxin Co-Exposure." Photomed 2006.
- Yeager, R.L., J. Lim, D.S. Millsap, A.V. Jasevicius, R.A. Sanders, H.T. Whelan, J.B. Watkins, III, J.T. Eells, and D.S. Henshel. "670 nm Light Treatment Attenuates Dioxin Toxicity in the Developing Chick Embryo." Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Toxicology. 2006.
- J. Lim, R.A. Sanders, R.L. Yeager, D.S. Millsap, J.B. Watkins III, J.T. Eells, and D.S. Henshel. "Attenuation of TCDD-Induced Oxidative Stress by 670 nm Photobiomodulation in Developmental Chicken Kidney." Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Toxicology. 22(4):230-239. 2008
- J. Lim, Z.M. Ali, R.A. Sanders, A.C. Snyder, J.T. Eells, D.S. Henshel, and J.B. Watkins III. "Effects of Low-Level Light Therapy on Hepatic Antioxidant Defense in Acute and Chronic Diabetic Rats." J Bioch Molec. Toxicol. 23(1):1-8 2009