Faculty: Beth Gazley
Reports and Publications:
- “What Drives Good Governance? A Structural Equation Model of Nonprofit Board Performance,” (with J. Nicholson-Crotty), Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly (December 2017)
- Transformational Governance: How Boards Achieve Extraordinary Change, (with K. Kissman) John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey (2015)
- What Makes High-Performing Boards: Effective Governance Practices in Member-Serving Organizations (with A. Bowers) Washington, DC: American Society of Association Executives (2013)
- "Good governance practices in professional associations for public employees: Evidence of a public service ethos?" Public Administration Review (2014)
- "Achieving the partnership principle in experiential learning: The nonprofit perspective," (with T. Bennett and L. Littlepage). Journal of Public Affairs Education, 19 (3):559-579 (2013)
- "Building collaborative capacity for disaster resiliency," Disaster Resiliency: Interdisciplinary Perspectives (Eds. Naim Kapucu, Christopher Hawkins and Fernando Rivera). New Jersey: Routledge (2012)
- "Capacity and public administration: Analysis of meaning and measurement," (with R. K. Christensen). Public Administration and Development, 28: 265-279 (2008)
- "Inter-sectoral collaboration and the motivation to collaborate: Toward an integrated theory," Big Ideas in Collaborative Public Management (L.B. Bingham and R. O’Leary (Eds.). Armonk, NY: M.E Sharpe (2008)
- "The purpose (and perils) of government-nonprofit partnership," (with J. L. Brudney). Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 36(3): 389-415 (2007)
Reports and Publications:
- Gazley, Beth. "Conclusion: Toward the Future of Volunteering." J.L. Brudney (ed.), Emerging Areas of Volunteering 1(2):113-121. Indianapolis: ARNOVA. 2005.
- Gazley, Beth. "Double review of Paul C. Light's Pathways to Nonprofit Excellence and Sustaining Nonprofit Performance: The Case for Capacity Building and the Evidence to Support It." Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly 34(4):553-7. 2005.
- Gazley, Beth and Jeffrey L. Brudney. "Volunteer Involvement in Local Government after September 11: The Continuing Question of Capacity." Public Administration Review 65(2):131-142. 2005.
- Jordan, B. Kathleen , David Weitzenkamp, Beth Gazley, Jeniffer Irondo-Perez, Heather Meier, David Reingold, Annette Green, Donna Rabiner. Baby Boomer Volunteering Research and Analysis. Research Triangle Park, NC: Research Triangle Institute. 2005.
- Gazley, Beth and Jeffrey L. Brudney. "The Purpose (and Perils) of Government-Nonprofit Partnership." Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly 36(3):389-415. 2007.
- Gazley, Beth, Won Kyung Chang, and Lisa Blomgren Bingham. "Collaboration and Citizen Participation in Community Mediation Centers." Review of Policy Research 23(4): 843-863. 2006.
- Brudney, Jeffrey L. and Beth Gazley. "Moving Ahead or Falling Behind? Volunteer Promotion and Data Collection." Nonprofit Management and Leadership 16(3):259-276. 2006.
- Gazley, Beth, Laura Littlepage, and Christina Myers. Volunteer Management Capacity and Student Service-Learners: A Study of Indiana Community Agencies. Indianapolis, Ind.: Center for Urban Policy and the Environment, School of Public and Environment. 2007.
- Brudney, Jeffrey L. and Beth Gazley. "Planning to be prepared: An empirical examination of the role of voluntary organizations in county government emergency planning." Public Performance and Management Review, 32(3):372 398. 2009.
- Gazley, Beth. "Beyond the contract: The scope and nature of informal government-nonprofit partnerships." Public Administration Review, 68(1):141-154. 2008.
- Gazley, Beth and Laura Littlepage. "Understanding service-learning from a volunteer management capacity perspective." M. Moore and P. L. Lin (Eds.), Service-Learning in Higher Education: Paradigms and Challenges. Indianapolis, IN: University of Indiana. 2009.
- Leary, Rosemary, Beth Gazley, Michael McGuire and Lisa Blomgren Bingham. "Public managers in collaboration." R. O'Leary and L.B. Bingham (Eds.), The Collaborative Public Manager. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press. 2008.
- Gazley, Beth and Monica Dignam. The Decision to Volunteer. Washington, DC: American Society of Association Executives and The Center for Association Leadership. 2008.
- Gazley, Beth. "Inter-sectoral collaboration and the motivation to collaborate: Toward an integrated theory." L.B. Bingham and R. O'Leary (Eds.), Big Ideas in Collaborative Public Management (pp. 36-54). Armonk, NY: M.E Sharpe.
- Christensen, Robert K. and Beth Gazley. Capacity and public administration: Analysis of meaning and measurement. Public Administration and Development, 28: 265-279. 2008.