- M.S., Eastern Washington University, 1980
- B.S., University of Cincinnati, 1978
- V600 Capstone - Clean Power Plan Compliance Options for Hoosier Energy, Spring 2016
- E574 Energy Systems and Analysis, Fall 2014 - Present
- V550 Energy Policy from a Nation Sate perspective, Fall 2014 - Present
- E555 Natural Gas: Technical and Policy Challenges, Spring 2012 - Present
- E555 Coal Utilization and Carbon Sequestration, Fall 2001 - Present
John Rupp is an adjunct professor in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs, where he has served as the associate director for science with the Center for Research in Energy and the Environment.
Previously, Rupp has been a production geologist for Exxon Co. USA in Midland Texas and an assistant geologist (summer) for Consolidated Resources of America in Cincinnati and Salisbury & Dietz Co. in Spokane, Washington. He has also served as a research assistant for the U.S. Bureau of Mines, Eastern Washington University, Cheney Washington.