1315 E. Tenth Street
- Ph.D., School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, (May 2018, expected)
- M.A., Economics Department, Indiana University, 2011
- B.S., Wheaton College, 2006
- V263 Introduction to Public Management
- V236 Management Concepts and Applications I: Public and Private Organizations
- V336 Management Concepts and Applications II: Public and Private Organizations
- Arnold, G. & L.M. Shimek. 2017. “Nodes and Links, Actors and Actions: Theoretical Clarity in the Study of Public Administration Networks.” In Frederickson, G. & E.C. Stazyk eds. The Handbook of American Public Administration. Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar (forthcoming).
- Smyth, R., I. Soboleva, L. Shimek, and A. Sobolev. 2015. “Defining Common Ground: Collective Identity in Russia’s Post-Election Protests and Rallies.” In Ross, C. (Eds.). Civil Society Awakens? The Systemic and Non-Systemic Opposition in the Russian Federation: National and Regional Dimensions. Surrey, UK: Ashgate.
- Epstein, G., J. Vogt, M. Cox, and L. Shimek. 2014. “Confronting Problems of Method in the Study of Sustainability.”Forest Policy and Economics, 42: 42-50.
- Kolesnikova, N.K. and L.M. Shimek, 2008. “Community Colleges: Not so Junior Anymore.” Regional Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, October.
- Shimek, L.M. and Y. Wen. 2008. “Why do Chinese Households Save So Much?” International Economic Trends, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, August.
Comparative Public Administration, Institutional Analysis & Development, Comparative Political Economy, International Development, Formal Theory
Honors & Awards
- Graduate Student Research Award, Vincent and Elinor Ostrom Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis, 2015
- Summer Research Fellowship, Vincent and Elinor Ostrom Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis, 2013-14
- John Sprague Award in Political Networks for “Strategic Rule Formation in a Game with a Negative Externality,” 2013
- Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis Fellowship, Indiana University, 2011-12
- Outstanding Economics Student Award and Fellowship, Wheaton College, 2004-05