1315 E. Tenth Street
- Ph.D. Public Affairs, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, May 2018 (Expected)
- Master of Arts, Economics, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune, India, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, University of Madras, Chennai, India, 2002
- Statistical Modeling and Research Methods–V370 (Undergraduate Course-Spring 2017)
- Macroeconomics for Public Affairs – V260 (Undergraduate Course-Spring 2015, Spring 2016)
- Statistics for Research in Public Affairs-V606, V607 (Doctoral Course; Teaching Assistant – Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017)
- Gopalan, M. & Pirog, M. (2017). "Applying Behavioral Insights in Policy Analysis: Recent Trends in the United States," Policy Studies Journal, 45: S82–S114.
- Gopalan, M. Understanding the Linkages between Racial Disciplinary gaps and Racial Achievement Gaps in the US, (Working Paper Available).
- Gopalan, M., & Nelson, A.A. Understanding the Discipline Gap in Schools. (Working Paper Available).
- Murphy, M.C., Carter, E., Emerson, K., Gopalan, M., Bottoms, B., Walton, G. Effects of a social-psychological intervention on persistence and academic achievement of freshmen students in a large public university (in prep).
- Gopalan, M., Murphy, M.C All Social Belonging Interventions are not Created Equal – Evidence from a Multi-Site Randomized Controlled Trial (in prep).
Racial and Socioeconomic Disparities in Student Outcomes, Education Policy, Social Policy, Behavioral Insights for Public Policy, Child Development
Honors & Awards
- National Academy of Education/Spencer Foundation Dissertation Fellow (2017-18)
- Russell Sage Foundation and WT Grant Foundation Small Grants Winner (Jan-May 2017)
- Merit-Based Ph.D. Summer Fellowship, School of Public and Environmental Affairs (SPEA), Indiana University (May 2017, August 2017)
- Educational Pioneers Graduate Fellow (June-August 2013)