- Ph.D., SPEA
- Master of Arts, International Relations and International Economics, Johns Hopkins University, School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), Washington. D.C., 2009
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2007
- Westminster College, Study Abroad Program, Fulton, Missouri, 2005–06
- Associate Instructor, Indiana University, 2013-Current
- Research Assistant, U.S.– Korea Institute at the Johns Hopkins University, School of Advanced International Studies, 2007–10
- Vice President, Sejong Society of Washington, D.C. 2006–10
- National and International Policy
- Fall 2013/2014/2015 (S160, Undergraduate Class to Hutton Honor College at Indiana University)
- Spring 2014/215 (V160, Undergraduate Class to School of Public and Environmental Affairs)
- “Divergent Consensus: Meeting the Needs of Both Sides of the Coin, A Young Leaders’ Perspective on U.S.-ROK Relations,” (with A. Yi, J. Bang, and K. Shepard), Issues and Insight Vol.10, No.2., Pacific Forum, Center For Strategic And International Studies (2010)
- “The Changing Face of Teenage Parenthood: Evidence from the NLSY79 and NLSY97,” (with M. Pirog and H. Jung) (Under Review)
- “Policy Information and the Government Budget: German State Government Expenditure, 1972–2006,” (with K.N. Chan and H. Kim) (Working Paper)
- “Trust in Government, Does Globalization Matter?” (Working Paper)
Policy Analysis, Program Evaluation, Policy Process, Comparative Politics
Three Essays on For-profit Colleges
Advisor: Maureen Pirog
Job Market Paper
Student choice of for-profit colleges
Honors & Awards
The James A. Kelly Korean Studies Fellowship & Young Leaders Program, Pacific Forum, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Hawaii & Washington, D.C., 2009
Grants & Funding
- Doctoral Education Fellowship, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 2011–15
- Doctoral Education Fellowship, Department of Political Science, Indiana University, 2010–11
- Travel Grant, School of Public and Environmental Affairs & Dept. of Political Science, 2010 / 2013 / 2015
- Honors Student Scholarship, Hanyang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2004-05
- Grant for Graduate Studies, Hanyang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2007
- 2015, Exploring Long-term Effect of Need-Based Grant on Disadvantaged Student, Association For Public Policy Analysis & Management (APPAM) Fall Research Conference, Miami, MI. Scheduled for November 14. / American Political Science Association (APSA) Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA. September 7-9.
- 2013 Association For Public Policy Analysis & Management (APPAM) Fall Research Conference, Washington, D.C., November 7. / Midwest Political Science Association (MPSA) Annual Conference, Chicago, IL. April, 13.
- 2010 Midwest Political Science Association (MPSA) Annual Conference, Chicago, IL. April, 24.
- 2009 Northeastern Political Science Association (NPSA) Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA. November, 20. / Annual Academic Symposium of the Korea Economic Institute and the East-West Center, Hawaii, HL. October, 23-24.