Join us for our second annual joint Fall Career Expo, presented by SPEA and the School of Public Health. Network with more than 70 different employers from a diverse range of organizations. Ask questions, get practical advice on entering your career field, and learn about potential internship and employment opportunities all without leaving the Indiana University Campus.
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Indiana Memorial Union
Make the most of this opportunity
- Tips for success
- Dress the part: You only have 7 seconds to make a first impression.
- Be comfortable in what you wear: You'll be more confident and able to give employers your full attention.
- Bring printed copies of your resume: Be selective and give your resume only to employers you are interested in and have had a conversation with.
- Start conversations: By talking to people, even if you don’t see a future with their organization, you’ll likely learn something beneficial.
- Ask for a business card and send a follow up thank you: If you have a meaningful conversation with an employer, send them an email thanking them for talking to you at the Expo and telling them how they were helpful.
- Employers scheduled to be at the event
- 500 Festival
- American Diabetes Association
- August Mack Environmental
- Berry Plastics Corporation
- C.H. Robinson (Gold Sponsor)
- Cardinal Stage Company
- City of Bloomington
- Coyote Logistics
- Crowe Horwath, LLP
- DistinXion, Incorporated
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- General Hotels
- Hanapin Marketing
- IMU Biddle Hotel and Conference Center
- Indiana State Department of Agriculture
- Indiana State Museum & Historic Sites Corporation
- Insight Global
- Make-A-Wish Foundation - Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana
- March of Dimes - Indiana Chapter
- Marian University with St. Vincent
- Middle Way House, Inc.
- Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division
- Northwestern Mutual
- Orr Fellowship
- OrthoWorx - ThinkOrtho
- Pacers Sports & Entertainment
- Peace Corps
- Philanthropy for America
- Quick Logistics
- Ritz Charles, Inc.
- Rock Paper Scissors, Inc.
- Safety Management Group
- Sexual Assault Crisis Service
- Shalom Community Center
- SmithBucklin (Gold Sponsor)
- State of Indiana - Department of Agriculture - Division of Soil Conservation
- Stone Belt Arc, Inc.
- T.C. Steele State Historic Site
- The Claro Group
- The Language Conservancy
- The PFM Group
- Total Quality Logistics
- VillageMD (Gold Sponsor)
- WestPoint Financial Group/MassMutual
- WonderLab Museum of Science, Health and Technology
Contact us—we're here for you.
Career Development Office (CDO)
School of Public and Environmental Affairs
1315 E. 10th Street, Room 200
Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: (812) 855-9639
Fax: (812) 855-0163