Participate in hour-long Skype sessions or on-campus visits with current SPEA students and help them learn about the options that lay ahead for them professionally. You’ll pay forward your knowledge and help the next generation.
Career Insights Program
Top 10 questions to expect from students
- What factors helped you determine that studying at SPEA was the best choice for you?
- What led you to choose to work at your place of employment?
- What was your major focus of study, and did your academic interests change along the way?
- Was there any defining moment that helped you decide on a career path?
- What kind of knowledge or skills are beneficial for those interested in this type of work?
- Did you have mentors that were instrumental in helping you determine your career path, and what was the most important advice they offered you?
- What aspects of your current position continue to give you inspiration and satisfaction? What are some of your challenges?
- Have you experienced any stumbling blocks during your career journey that have helped you to re-focus or seek a new direction?
- What networking or job/internship-seeking advice can you offer someone at the beginning of my career exploration?
- I am interested in learning more about your organization and possible internship or job opportunities. Do you have any suggestions to help me achieve this?