Help us reach out to prospective students, without spending a lot of time. As a SPEA alum, you offer a one-of-a-kind glimpse into what it’s like to study at SPEA and prepare for a career in leading for the greater good. We offer four options for you to be involved with student recruitment—and play a big part in keeping SPEA at the forefront as a school of choice in the fields of study that we offer.
Alumni Ambassador roles
- Local Alumni Ambassador
When we have a bright, talented future leader near you, we could use your help. This can take place in several ways:
- Attend local events for prospective and admitted students
- Share your story with prospective students through phone calls and email
- Encourage students to attend SPEA for a campus visit
- One hour per month on an ad hoc basis, but may take more time during our busy spring recruitment season.
- Civic Leaders Center Alumni Ambassador
Become an Alumni Ambassador to our Civic Leaders Center, a living learning community at IU Bloomington.
- Visit the Civic Leaders Center as a featured speaker
- Mentor current students
- Provide externships and job shadowing
- Share your career, life, and academic experience with current students in the Civic Leaders Center.
- One to two hours per month. Job shadowing can take place over the summer months.
- IUPUI SPEA Justice and Pre-Law Community Ambassador
Help these high achieving students who are members of our Justice and Pre-Law Community at IUPUI, become strong leaders in society.
- Indiana University Alumni Student Recruitment Ambassador
Help the IU Office of Admissions broaden their undergraduate recruiting reach by representing IU and SPEA at events and college fairs as a volunteer recruiter.
- Alumni Ambassador for Corporations, Foundations and Friends of SPEA
- Talk about SPEA with your collegues and your network to help us promote the value of learning at this world class instiution. Whether a person is considering returning to school or starting their higher education journey, you can help them learn more about what SPEA has to offer.
- Encourage prospective students to consider SPEA and facilitate introductions to SPEA’s recruitment staff when necessary.
- One hour per month on an ad hoc basis.